My days as the teen columnist at Kids Fun Plaza have come to an end. It was a good run while it lasted. The magazine gave me my first publishing credit, even as it gave me a chance to experiment with article formats.
But it wasn’t a good fit for me. I found it difficult to keep up with the demands of writing weekly blog posts on top of my own blogs, but even more challenging was the focus on writing about parenting teens.
As you know, I realized earlier this year that my children’s stories have ceased to be my story. I can’t freely write about my personal experience with teens, and in any case, I would prefer to stick to writing about family travel.
So that’s it, I resigned from the Kids Fun Plaza publications, but here, in case you missed them, are my posts on the Kids Fun Plaza blog:
- My Daughter, The Wide Receiver
- Should we ban teens at Halloween?
- Who’s Getting the Vacation Break?
- Is Your Child a Gracious Loser?
- Spring Into Celebration!
- Spring Fling Silliness
- A Moment in the Limelight
- Kidz Expo
- Art for Kids
- Video Game Ban
- Super Bowl Sunday Family Tradition
- A Quiet Cheering Squad
- Tech Valley Blog Celebration Giveaway
- Engineering a Love of Science
- Mommy and Me Moment: Peace Offering Pie
- Mommy and Me Moment: Dreams
- Mommy and Me Moment: Make a Dream Come True
- Mommy and Me Moment–New Beginnings
- Mommy and Me Moment–Nor’easter
- Mommy and Me Moment of Giving
- Mommy and Me Monday at the Plaza